Wake Me Up when September Ends (not really, it’s a song by Green Day)

We had a rainy start to the semester, but the weather is looking good for the next few days.

2018-2019 Faculty Search. The Position Vacancy Listing (PVL) is now posted.  Please forward to all of your networks.  Let me know where you send it so I can keep track.

Over the past year I’ve asked you to send me the names of people who may be interested in applying for the position.  I am forwarding them this PVL with a personal note. This outreach is in addition to the REP submitted with the PVL. I will forward important dates as they are available.

Our next  face-to-face Faculty Meeting is October 3 in 1199 from 11:30 to 1.  Please send your committee reports directly to me.

News from our SoHE Family.

• It’s a Baby Boom!  By now you have all probably heard that Maggie and Stephen welcomed their lovely daughter, Ramona Marie Kerr on Monday, August 27th AND Eric MacKay, his with Katie, and daughter Ellie welcomed the handsome, Evan James MacKay on September 5th.  Congratulations!
  • Recuperating. Good news from Allison Murray!  “Dobby the House Tumor” was removed on August 30th, and Allison is at home resting up for the next stage of her treatment. Send healing vibes her way.
  • Transition. We also recently learned that SoHE Alumna and champion of children and families, Elizabeth Schar made her transition on September 7th after an extraordinary life, lived extraordinarily well.  Thank you, Elizabeth.

Did you know . . . There are many songs about the month of September? I will leave the most perfect one here. Leave your favorite September song in the comments along with any departmental questions or comments.